• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolyn Hester Coalition ST The Carolyn Hester Coalition

MINTY METRO MEDIA PRESS FROM 1968

TRIPPY FEMME VOX GOLD GONE

Open to anything .... as long as it goes to a good home
    Last edited by Boi Bach o Bethel; 24-08-2016, 09:59 PM.
    sigpicRock on Penderyn

Hi - this sounds just like my kind of thing. Give me some pointers to the artists, albums, genres that float your boat and I'll see what I've got?

Comment

Hi, THANKS FOR THE INTEREST

I'm open really. Femme Vox Stuff, Psych, funk, SSW, Moog Records , anything strange sounding
      sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

OK, not sure whether any of these will work for you, but I've fished out a selection:

Femme vox:
        Nadine Shah - Love Your Dum and Mad (Apollo 2013). Interesting and slightly menacing.
        Roberta Flack - Quiet Fire (1971). White label test pressing.
        Maria Muldaur - Maria Muldaur (Reprise 1974). Bit soul-y and funky at times.
        White on Black - White on Black (Saydisc private press 1974). Two women share vocals - mostly covers but couple of originals. Flute/recorder feature.
        Other stuff:
        Canneuon Heddwch/Welsh Songs for Peace (Sain) - you're most probably very familiar with Sain, but Meic Stevens, Edward H Dafis and Tecwyn Ifan included
        Paul Slade - Life of a Man (Epic 1972) - US psych/prog/singer songwriter stuff. Has its weird moments.
        Nice copy of the Soul Direction 1968 compilation on Direction. Quality mix of the usual suspects.
        Two Walter Carlos moogy LPs: Switched-On Bach, and The Well Tempered Synthesiser, both CBS late 60s.

Let me know if any of these work for you (though I realise some may be standard VG+ fare)

Comment

A man after my own heart. Excluding the Nadine Shah I have all of those Lps. (and love that Sain Comp)

That Paul slade is ace....... Jazz Flute ahoy
          sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Ha! Fair enough, so I'm guessing Nadine Shah doesn't appeal?
            I've got quite a lot of Sain stuff (but not the rarest, though I have got Heather Jones) so let me know if there are any particular albums you are after.
            Love a bit of jazzy flute - discovered Herbie Mann the other day when I picked up his live in Chicago outing. Had never heard of him before!

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
              Ha! Fair enough, so I'm guessing Nadine Shah doesn't appeal?
              I've got quite a lot of Sain stuff (but not the rarest, though I have got Heather Jones) so let me know if there are any particular albums you are after.
              Love a bit of jazzy flute - discovered Herbie Mann the other day when I picked up his live in Chicago outing. Had never heard of him before!
              Sain list would be ace. Have you got Sidan or Endaf emlyn ect
              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Haha - I wish

I'll sort out a list tonight.

Comment

many thanks
                  sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

OK, here's what I've got :
                    Canu Cloch - SAIN 1056H - includes one track by Sidan
                    Tecwyn Ifan - Goleuni Yn Yr Hwyr SAIN 1156M (1979). Vinyl only, plain white sleeve.
                    Parsel Persain - SAIN 1159H (1980)
                    Gorau Gwerin - SAIN 1278H (1984) Vinyl only, plain white sleeve.
                    Yr Hwntws - LOCO 1001 (1982)
                    These are all the SAIN albums I have, apart from three I don't want to part with: Heather Jones, Hergest and Goreuon Sain Eto (which includes Bran, Sidan, Heather Jones, Hergest, Endaf Emlyn and Edward H Dafis + Welsh/English lyric sheet - one of their best compilations, in my view).
                    Let me know if any appeal ...

Comment

Working...
                    X