Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All sorts of stuff for trade

Artist:;Title;Label;Year;Format;Description;Condit ion

Bruton Music;Rock'n'Roll;BRH 3;?;LP;Library rock'n'roll played in the style of the 50s and 60s. Saxes, Piano, Drums, Bass and Guitar.;Sleeve is very worn, but vinyl looks fine - don't remember what it sounded like, but a dealer would probably visually grade it at least EX.

Ennio Morricone;Chamber Music;Venture records;1988;LP;Chamber music by Morricone…;Sleeve in very good condition, vinyl looks great.

Jah Wobble, The Edge, Holger Czukay;Snake Charmer;Island;1983;MLP;Krauty dancemusic or something - I don't quite remember;Sleeve and vinyl looks great, but sleeve needs a little bit of gluing to fix the top seam.

Lalo Schifrin;Black Widow;CTI;1976;LP;Nice foldout jacket, nice disco-funky music.;Sleeve in good condition except for som woc in top corner - vinyl looks pretty good and plays very good EXCEPT for the track Jaws which has a background noise all through.

Les Baxter;Les Baxter's Original Quiet Village;Capitol;?;LP;Compilation, 12 tracks from 6 different albums. Orchestrated exotica. Some really good tracks.;Sleeve shows quite heavy wear and has a split seam. Vinyl shows wear and has some dirt that can probably be washed off. No skips when I played through it, but some background noise.

Snakefinger;Chewing Hides the Sound;Ralph;1979;LP;Residents-related stuff.;Both sleeve and vinyl shows a little wear but nothing too bad.

Stan Getz;Communications '72;Verve;1972;LP;Foldout jacket. Orchestrated by Michel Legrand. Great jazz with wordless vocals that sometimes reminds me of Italian soundtracks.;Sleeve is worn and has a cutout corner. Vinyl is playable but pretty noisy - this was my first experience with Stan Getz after finding it at a flea market, I needed an upgrade and have now got one.

V/A;Bombay 2: Electric Vindaloo;Motel Records;2001;2LP;Some Bollywood originals, but mainly remixes of such music. Ursula 1000, Djmedjyou, Kid Koala, Dynomite D and others.;Sleeve in very good condition, still in shrink, though opened - vinyl looks good and plays just fine if I remember correctly.

V/A;Can:Sacrilege;Mute;1997;3LP;Can remixed by the likes of Sonic Youth, Pete Shelley, A Guy Called Gerald, Bruce Gilbert, Westbam etc;Sleeve in good condition and to my memory so is the vinyl.

Yma Sumac;Con Plumas;EMI;1982;LP;1982 comp of earlier stuff. Great exotic abstract vocals.;Sleeve is worn with somethinh that looks like water damage at the bottom. Vinyl looks a bit worn and dirty. Don't remember what it sounds like.

Just 10 here to start with - lots more to follow, but first...
    The best way I can think of to post my trades is to save the excel document in .skv format - then make a blank line between each entry and paste here. Then it looks like above. Is that good? Anyone have any better ideas how to post trades from an xls-file here?

Anyway this is just a small test and start - I have more than 200 records to trade, I will update this thread every now and then - it takes some time to go through all the records, and maybe no-one here is happy if I out a thread here with hundreds of titles in one big lump...

What I’m looking for:

Not 7”

Reissues are generally OK.

Main interests are exotica, moog, funky soundtracks, experimental, kraut, latin, bossa and quality easy listening.

Some more specific things, many of which are not worth a lot of money:
    Library compilations
    Big Jim ”H” – the one with Jungle Fever on it
    Any Heino I don’t already have
    Some of Percy Faiths funkier 70s work
    Some titles by Andre Brasseur
    Several exploito/cash-in psych albums
    King Richards Fluegel Knights – Sign of the Times (and possibly others depending on track-list)
    Several titles by Perez Prado
    XavierCugat – Bang Bang and Xavier Cugat Today
    A couple of the better Three Suns albums
    Prepared piano Ferrante & Teicher
    Several of the later, funkier Button Down Brass
    Most Mandingo LPs
    Bolywood Funk (on Outcaste)
    Some Pete Moore albums
    Some Mongo Santamaria
    Some David Alan Coe albums
    Some el Chicano
    And tons of other titles….
    This is just meant as some clues, other heavily represented names in my collection and on my wantlist to give some further clues are for example: Martin Denny, Les Baxter, Lalo Schifrin, Roy Budd, Mort Garson, Hugo Montenegro, Stan Getz, Cal Tjader, Astrud Gilberto, Cabaret Voltaire, Esquivel, Sergio Mendes, Dick Hyman etc
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"
Working...
X