Jeff Wayne War Of The Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Wayne War Of The Worlds

looking for clean spares. multiple copies. I'm mainly after the book that came with it, but also have friends that want copies.
    this used to be in all the pound boxes everywhere, but now seems to have proper prices on for some reason, must be millions of them everywhere. until boot sale season starts and i can fill my crates with multiple copies, anyone got clean spares?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Weird one this Paul. Used to always have multiples in stock, now turning up rarely and when we do get them they're selling quickly for £10. Absolutely no idea why?!
    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Comment

Yeah, as soon as i wanted to get multiples they stopped appearing. used to see loads of boot sales. not sure why they are now worth more than a quid. its just got re-released as well.

i wanted to frame the pictures from the booklet, so need a few copies of that. i can wait for boot sale season. must be loads still out there
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I'm sure boot sale season will see plenty coming out of the woodwork

Vault mint

Comment

Whats boot sale season? Do you not have any in winter?
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Ha, yeah, we do have some in the winter but sellers are thin on the ground compared to when the sun comes out along with the contents of peoples sheds/garages/attics/basements

Vault mint

Comment

i went to one in winter, there were three people selling dog beds in a field.
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Yes that's one half. the other half here is clearance dudes unloading whatever the filled their trucks with this week. they don't care about the weather at all. They dont even care about the time of day it is.
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I went to a big flea market in Berlin in January once with snow on the ground. Pretty chilly on the old fingers (and everything else) - can't flip through records with gloves on

Comment

the ones here are pretty terrible until late April. though i suppose you never know
                    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I've been looking out for a copy of WotW for a few years now, never see them in charities any more (and don't want to pay much for it)

My parents (being home taping music industry destroyers) only had a taped copy and i feel like hearing it again.

"The chan-ces of elephants com-ing from Mars are a million to one, he said... BUT STILL THEY COME!" etc

and the Phil Lynott part is great too

Comment

if i find spares ill send them over. I'm going to buy every copy i find.
                        i buy every Adam and the ants kings of the wild frontier i find. have done for years.
                        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I had a next door neighbour who should have left home but still lived with his parents and I think this was the only record he had; used to drive me mad.
                          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

OOOOOOOOHHHHH RAAAAAAAAA!

it's all coming flooding back now

Herbie Flowers getting funky on the bass

can imagine it's incredibly annoying over and over through the wall. but as a kid on a car journey it was great

ooh just discovered this reggae version of the Phil Lynott / Julie Covington track on youtube (bonus track on a CD reissue)

Comment

always had it on in the car on the way to Cornwall in the summer when i was a kid.
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X