Os Mutantes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Os Mutantes

Need a copy of the 1st album, obviously doesn't have to be the original, but i am fussy when it comes to record condition.
    Can find plenty in Brazil, but excellent in Brazil means "doesn't play", Mint seems to mean "pretty buggered but the needle will make it to the end".
    Tried Gemm, Netsounds & Musicstack, so yep, there's one or 2 but either in Brazil or from a dealer where it will obviously be out of stock.
    Anyone got a Near Mint copy & wants my hard earned cash?
    Ant.
    The Sound of Salvation blog

Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
    Vault mint

Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
    Need a copy of the 1st album, obviously doesn't have to be the original, but i am fussy when it comes to record condition.
    Can find plenty in Brazil, but excellent in Brazil means "doesn't play", Mint seems to mean "pretty buggered but the needle will make it to the end".
    Tried Gemm, Netsounds & Musicstack, so yep, there's one or 2 but either in Brazil or from a dealer where it will obviously be out of stock.
    Anyone got a Near Mint copy & wants my hard earned cash?
    Ant.
    not me, but try here?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
      not me, but try here?
      Thanks mate, tried there this morning. The guy in Brazil - no grading whatsoever & pretty lousy statistics.
      As for Rockhouse, i can pretty much guarentee it isn't in stock or far worse than described. The have just about the worst name on Gemm. I have Tracked just one down that i trust, the '86 repress, he says the vinyl is Near Mint but is honest saying there are hairline marks on it but it plays with no crackle.
      So if anyone wants the £50.00 he is soon gonna get then get in touch!
      Ant.

Vault mint

Comment

I have Tracked just one down that i trust, the '86 repress, he says the vinyl is Near Mint but is honest saying there are hairline marks on it but it plays with no crackle.
        Ant.
        Ant

£50 seems a bit steep for a re-issue

Do you need it now or can you wait a bit?

One of my old workmates deals in Brazilian records and I can ask him to track one down for you If you'd like?
        www.45cat.com
        http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

That's what i thought mate, so i settled down to bid on Wickerman's copy on ebay. Went for £65.00!!!!!
          That was a couple of months ago & since then i have struggled to find any under £50.00!
          You can blame it on Soul Jazz & their Tropicalia comp i guess.
          If you could ask your mate that would be good. What worries me is that the '86 repress is just that, a repress, once it's repressed again it will probably drop like a stone in price, whereas the original won't.
          Thanks dude, Ant.

Vault mint

Comment

Ant, don't know if you've seen but Os Mutantes are playing Liverpool next month...I'd be there but I'm out of town for a wedding.
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
              Ant, don't know if you've seen but Os Mutantes are playing Liverpool next month...I'd be there but I'm out of town for a wedding.
              Thanks for letting me know, aren't they all Prog rock now?
              Where are they playing?

Vault mint

Comment

I have Tracked just one down that i trust, the '86 repress, he says the vinyl is Near Mint but is honest saying there are hairline marks on it but it plays with no crackle.
                Ant.

WTF! Is there not a vinyl reissue in print at the moment? A mint eighties brazillian pressing is still an eighties brazillian pressing. I wouldn't vouch for it sounding amazing.

Also- how is it 'honest' to describe something as near mint with hairline marks? Near mint should be pretty much new in my book...

Maybe try an expat dealer out in brazil...I bought a Gal Costa album off lee brady when he was out there- and am pretty darned happy with his Vg+ or whatever it was...

ps- saw Sergio Dias in london a couple of years ago, and it was BRILLIANT- could only be better if they are billed as mutantes...
                "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Yep, an 80's repress is an 80's repress, when the next one comes along......
                  Even Wickerman couldn't believe the £65.00 he got for his, just don't know what is going on with it. Have spent 3 days searching, absolutely everywhere, nothing practically, so i guess there ain't a repress anywhere. Have found out that the copyright is still owned by Polydor Brazil, but the publishing is owned by Universal, so may be problems for those trying to license it for a full repress on vinyl while it's still available on CD.
                  He was honest in comparison to other Brazilian dealers is what i meant

Vault mint

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, aren't they all Prog rock now?
                    Where are they playing?
                    They were great at The Barbican last year. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a ticket but Liverpool's a bit far from me.

I'm sure that there's been a more recent reissue as about two years ago I discovered a bunch of sleeveless copies in the basement of a shop in Clapham Junction. This shop's vinyl appears to be all the overuns or shop spares or whatever they're called and it's all reasonably recently released stuff. Their current stock's not all that great and they don't seem to have had any new stock in a year or so. The £1 a pop Mutantes are long gone

Why didn't I buy more copies

WF

Comment

It's very hard to find any info, but i did find just one thing on the net that seemed to suggest there was a repress in about 2001. none for sale anywhere though & still the Brazilian repress climbs higher & higher

Vault mint

Comment

I do remember seeing vinyl copies of the first three Mutantes albums around about five years ago. Replay in Bristol had them, which means they were probably on fairly general distribution - through Cargo, maybe.

Also, didn't Luaka Bop reissue them at one point?
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I think the same thing, but finding one or any info is proving hard.
                          The one i was watching on ebay @ £50.00 buy it now, lasted less than a week

Vault mint

Comment

I just won a nice looking mono first press of the second album off Huiboki for £35...

be patient...
                            "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Nice one, Huiboki is a great fella
                              rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Working...
                              X