• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamdown
    Banned
    • Feb 2009

Bit of a long shot...

I'm looking for a 60s/70s analogue spring reverb.... Grampian Reverb, Fischer Spacexpander or Great British Spring

or later models like Accessit or Fostex

Along shot on here I know, but if anyone knows where I could find any of the above I'd be forever grateful!
  • Joe M'geek
    Lonely Jelly
    • Jul 2005

I've been thinking of this recently as well...

Have you thought about just buying a reverb tank and using it with a preamp? I'm not sure if this would work, but I can't see why it wouldn't. I've got an old akai valve reel to reel with a couple of standalone preamps that should do the job- if there isn't too much of an impedance difference.
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• jamdown
      Banned
      • Feb 2009

hi ya

Yeah that should work. A big spring with a nice valve pre amp would be great, but unfortunately i wouldn't have a clue as to how to do it!

On the last record I made I used a Fender guitar amp and it's spring reverb and that worked ok.

My online search has led me to a Fischer Spacexpander. Apparently that's what King Tubby used and also used in some Hammonds. Now to find one!

Comment

• Joe M'geek
        Lonely Jelly
        • Jul 2005

They turn up on ebay.com fairly frequently. Going rate is about a hundred dollars- just set up a saved search for spacexpander. I've had one for about two years now and not got round to buying one yet!

Another similar thing is the pioneer sr-101 valve, made for domestic hi fi systems. Cheap as well
        "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• jamdown
          Banned
          • Feb 2009

Many thanks for that. I'll keeping searching and check out the Pioneer

Comment

• jamdown
            Banned
            • Feb 2009

Hey, Joe M'geek

I finally got a Furman spring. Hasn't arrived but heard good things about it. Do you know this one?

Waiting to hear back from someone on a Spacexpander as well. Search for ages then two come along in the same day

Comment

• Joe M'geek
              Lonely Jelly
              • Jul 2005

nah...haven't tried the Furman- got outbid yesterday on a Pioneer one, which was probably due to foolish levels of stinge...

good work!

Comment

• effi_deep
                Lonely Jelly
                • Feb 2005

best thing a musician can buy! sprrrriiiing reverb!
                have a 70s italian cheapo reverbbox and it really does the job.
                Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

• jamdown
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
                  nah...haven't tried the Furman- got outbid yesterday on a Pioneer one, which was probably due to foolish levels of stinge...

good work!
                  I'll let you know how I get on with it. Got it for £130 with postage from the states, which I didn't think was to bad.

Comment

• jamdown
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                    best thing a musician can buy! sprrrriiiing reverb!
                    have a 70s italian cheapo reverbbox and it really does the job.
                    yes indeed. a friend of mine uses one out of an old farfisa organ and it does the trick brilliantly.

Comment

Working...
                    X