• Show
Clear All

• 80's soul/disco/boogie

I need these:

Kemistry : I can't loose with the stuff I use 12"
    Leon Ware: Leon Ware (Elektra LP)
    Afro-Cuban Band: Somethings gotta give (12", maybe even the 7&quot
    Renee & Angela: Secret Rendevouz (UK 12&quot
    please feel free to offer anything in the same vain, you know what i mean.

Willing depart of my scandijazz and libary goodies. Or even pay real money. PM me or something.
    er

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mokka @ Aug. 02 2004,13:19)]I need these:

Kemistry : I can't loose with the stuff I use 12"
    Are you sure this came out on a 12"?

I have the LP on Columbia with this on, but the only Khemistry 12" I have seen is on Mainline and is called "I Can't Win For Losing"

Do you mean that?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

there is a 12", it might be promo only. very rare and very, very loud. is the LP loud? do you want to get rid of it?
      er

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (mokka @ Aug. 04 2004,08:18)]there is a 12", it might be promo only. very rare and very, very loud. is the LP loud? do you want to get rid of it?
        I think that the Khemistry single one of the rarest boogie 12 inches to find. Usually super expensive (three digits) - but sooo good.  
        I only have the Japanese CD re-release which does it for me. Sounds pretty good.

As for Rene & Angela's: Secret Rendezvous: I remember that to be an album track in 1981 on  Wall To Wall. It came out as the B-side to Banging the Boogie (in 1983 I think). Was there a twelve inch release in 81? The track was certainly not a hit on initial release and only became a cult track in the late 80s on the UK Boogie scene when R&A charted with I'll Be Good and Save Your Love For No. 1. The Banging The Boogie twelve inch shot up to 50 pounds or thereabout but is much cheaper now. I think there was rerelease of Secret Rendezvous around that time on Club, but I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Yemsky @ Aug. 07 2004,00:17)]I think there was rerelease of Secret Rendezvous around that time on Club, but I might be wrong.
          I thought it was on the b-side of the Club issue of 'Save your love' but I might be wrong. If I get a chance I'll have a look, I might even have a spare (if it is on the b-side).
          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (mokka @ Aug. 04 2004,08:18)]there is a 12", it might be promo only. very rare and very, very loud. is the LP loud? do you want to get rid of it?
            Fuck, I didn't know about that. I had trouble getting hold of the LP for cheap, so I think I better stick to that rather than search the 12" out!

Dunno about loud or not, because I listen to it at home on my headphones. It's not a low pressing, but obviously the LP will be quieter than the 12".

I think my Secret Rendezvous is a A side UK 12", but I'm in Belgium at the moment so I can't check it to find out. My mate might have a spare to sell, so I'll ask him when I get home.

I don't know the Afro-Cuban Band: Somethings gotta give, what label did that come out on?
            He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

the afro cuban band 12" came out on arista, i think. there's plenty of sevens around, but i don't know if its the whole tune and how loud it is.

thanks john if you can have look for the potential double.

now i also started looking for these:

INNER LIFE: I like it just like that, pat shettibone mix Salsoul 12"
              CHAKA KHAN: I Know You, I Love You Warner 12" 1981
              LEON WARE: Why I came to California 12" (ok this is a joke, still: if someone has the S/T LP that's fine).
              L.A.T.F.: Magical Body 12"
              KENNIE DELT: Funky Musak MERCURY 12"
              THE SPARKLES: Trying To Get Over 12"
              er

Comment

Uh, you're going deeper and deeper... If you don't have room for you Library and other stuff you can carry those to my place

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (mokka @ Aug. 09 2004,09:01)]LEON WARE: Why I came to California 12" (ok this is a joke, still: if someone has the S/T LP that's fine).
                  This has just been reissued

Leon Ware : Why I Came To California / Rockin' You Eternally
                  Elektra / WSM
                  Why I Came To California
                  Rockin' You Eternally
                  Two sought after early 80s soul tracks from this brilliant singer songwriter (he's responsible for one of the rarest modern soul tracks of all time, of which there's only one white label 7" copy in existence - yours for £5000&#33. 1982's "Why I Came To California" is taken from his self titled LP, while "Rockin' You Eternally" is from his LP of the same name circa 1981.

12" - 5046727800 - £3.99 - limited cheap price - NOT OUT UNTIL MONDAY!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]Uh, you're going deeper and deeper... If you don't have room for you Library and other stuff you can carry those to my place
                    i'm not getting rid of all. that would just be ridiculous. just few bits i never play out or listen to. just the summer that got me into disco again.

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ]This has just been reissued
                    YES! the OG 12" went fo $750 dollars some months ago. i was slightöy skint at the moment, so didn't bid.
                    er

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (mokka @ Aug. 11 2004,09:20)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]This has just been reissued
                      YES! the OG 12" went fo $750 dollars some months ago. i was slightöy skint at the moment, so didn't bid.
                      You are joking???!!!!

I've got that. US white label promo yeah?

Bloody hell!

I have really happy memories of the track from soul nights/weekenders, but $750 is a lot of moohlah. I might have to talk to my mates who have ebay accounts......

Comment

actually it was only $7,50 and i'll pay you $15 for it.
                        er

Comment

Working...
                        X