Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Naga View Post
    Holy shit - Scott 4 is magnificent!
    It truly is. Easily in my top ten albums of all time. It's so rich, so dense, so many layers, yet the songs and melodies are fantastic. It's probably the album I regularly go back to most out of my entire collection.

I envy you discovering it for the first time!

Recently I've been putting together my own 'Scott 5' compliation, complete with artwork. Basically the best of Till The Band Comes In, Moviegoer, Stretch etc. Might post it up in the charts section soon....

Comment

I now have 2,3 and 4 but no I haven't got 1. I've also got a really battered 'Sings songs' - I got that and 2 in the same chazza.

I'd love to hear your '5' comp if you get round to posting it up.
      http://www.matpringle.co.uk

Comment

Without wanting to hijack Mat's thread, if anyone else has a spare Scott 4 for trade, I'd be keen as mustard to try and sort something out
        the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
          Recently I've been putting together my own 'Scott 5' compliation, complete with artwork. Basically the best of Till The Band Comes In, Moviegoer, Stretch etc. Might post it up in the charts section soon....

Will be interesting to see how this compares to a Scott 5 cassette that did the rounds in Glasgow in the early 90s. My copy is in a box (somewhere!) but Mr. Divine may have his copy at hand?
          www.45cat.com
          http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Does his version of 'Use Me' make the cut?
            SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
              I dig it mate.
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                That would certainly make it on to my 'Scott Walker sings the Vinyl Vulture Songbook' compilation, but don't know if it fits on Scott 5....

I suppose my Scott 5 is an attempt to put right the compromised feel of Till The Band Comes In, which was a missed opportunity. If he'd had a bit more self confidence and record company support to see it through properly, it could have rivalled 3 and 4.

I can either add other Scott-penned non album tracks from the period just prior to it, or substitute more sympathetic covers from the later albums that fit in better with the overall feel.

I do this all the time - I've also created my own versions of the White Album, Something/Anything etc (who the hell do I think I am?!?)

Comment

Working...
                X