Carnaby Street Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnaby Street Pop

After a copy of this Keith Mansfield effort, on the UK Carnaby label. Any help appreciated!
    Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

We have...

Comment

Originally posted by pastafrolla View Post
      We have...
      HAve you guys stopped listing on EBay or I have just missed your auctions for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
        After a copy of this Keith Mansfield effort, on the UK Carnaby label. Any help appreciated!
        I think I have a spare CD of 'The London Theme' that's basically that LP with a load of bonus tunes somewhere that was released a few years ago on Recur Records if you want.
        Or if you're hanging out for vinyl, no probs...
        Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
          I thought the Carnaby St Pop Orch wasn't released in the UK. You are probably the bloke to put me straight on that though!

*EDIT* Discogs has the LP as Australian. 45 Cat has the single as New Zealand I also recall it coming out in South America too? Brazil maybe?
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
            I thought the Carnaby St Pop Orch wasn't released in the UK. You are probably the bloke to put me straight on that though!

*EDIT* Discogs has the LP as Australian. 45 Cat has the single as New Zealand I also recall it coming out in South America too? Brazil maybe?
            Definitely received a domestic press on Carnaby. I have held one in my very hands.
            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Thanks for the replies - as Mang says, it is out there as a UK pressing, which is what I'm after.
              Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Well you learn something new every day! Sorry to clog up your wants thread btw
                it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

The original album appeared on the Pye-distributed Carnaby label in 1969 as a throwaway tourist-aimed LP. The sleeve notes were all about Carnaby Street with absolutely zilch about the music! In 2000, we released it as a CD on Recur with a bunch of 'bonus tracks' (and the original sleeve notes supplemented by my own notes about the actual audio).

In reality, most of the album consisted of KPM library tracks, fleshed out with Keith's arrangements of some Eurovision songs. We went back to the KPM session and added more tracks from the same period. Of course the pseudonym "Carnaby Street Pop Orchestra and Choir" covered the fact that some tracks had backing vocalists and some didn't. We pressed 2,000 CDs and they vanished like snow off a dyke. Apparently one of the tracks was a cult TV theme somewhere in South America!

Comment

Great info! I dont suppose you have an original copy, though...?

Comment

Sadly I have to withdraw my offer of the Recur CD spare, as I can't locate it!

Sorry.
                      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

If you want an Aussie copy of the Lp, I've got one.
                        Aussie Funk

Comment

Thanks a lot - but it's the UK issue I'm after!

Comment

Working...
                          X