Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Drake

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick Drake

    A mate has asked if I might be able to source his three LP's, not after (ooofff!) pink label first presses.
    it could be second 'pink rims' or those orange 'palm tree' labels. But not the later blue labels!

    If anyone sees, or knows the whereabouts of any, I would be appreciative if you could please let me know the details of the shop/fair etc.
    Will re imburse and all that jazz.

    Many thanks.

    Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....



    Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

  • #2
    Ant Whiplash [ Dig Viny ] had some last week but they may have been OG's
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

    Comment


    • #3
      Cheers Sie mate, does he have a contact/website/email, is he on here?
      If so, I'll check with him.
      OG's are out of price range, hence the cheaper 2nd/3rd presses alternative.

      Edit*

      Just checked his site, they're OG's and as such, way, way out of price range.
      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....



      Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

      Comment


      • #4
        Unfortunately yes, 1st pressings. Someone came in recently with the later pressings you're after but decided they must be worth £100 each simply based on the price of originals!
        If she comes back with them i'll be sure to let you know, i made a decent offer so hopefully.......
        The Sound of Salvation blog

        Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
        Vault mint

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry to crash this thread but what (roughly) is the going rate for the three LPs (first pressings)?
          the monkey speaks his mind

          Comment


          • #6
            Depends what you mean by going price.......

            Book price is:

            Five leaves: £800
            Bryter: £400
            Pink Moon: £400

            To get those prices they'd need to be stone cold mint
            The Sound of Salvation blog

            Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
            Vault mint

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
              Depends what you mean by going price.......

              Book price is:

              Five leaves: £800
              Bryter: £400
              Pink Moon: £400

              To get those prices they'd need to be stone cold mint
              Blimey, a few quid then... I'd say my copies are:- FLL VG(+) (?) (v clean apart from a small scratch on Saturday Sun which clicks for 3 or 4 spins), BL EX, PM EX. I have 1st pressings but had no idea what they are worth, as I have never really looked into it..

              I was given them by a friend's husband who used to frequent Les Cousins etc and I have been scared to play them for fear of scratching them. They get a spin once a year on my birthday (an annual ritual along with a swim in the sea)
              the monkey speaks his mind

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                Unfortunately yes, 1st pressings. Someone came in recently with the later pressings you're after but decided they must be worth £100 each simply based on the price of originals!
                If she comes back with them i'll be sure to let you know, i made a decent offer so hopefully.......
                Cheers mate, I'd appreciate it. The later 'pink rim' pressings are getting scarcer as well I noticed. She'll probably be looking at a bit over half what she thinks for them.
                There are a couple on discogs for about that rate so I'll hold off for now.
                I have originals myself ironically enough but I said I'd help out my mate, little realising how much prices have gone up on his work in the last 5 years.
                Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....



                Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by admcc77 View Post
                  Blimey, a few quid then... I'd say my copies are:- FLL VG(+) (?) (v clean apart from a small scratch on Saturday Sun which clicks for 3 or 4 spins), BL EX, PM EX. I have 1st pressings but had no idea what they are worth, as I have never really looked into it..

                  I was given them by a friend's husband who used to frequent Les Cousins etc and I have been scared to play them for fear of scratching them. They get a spin once a year on my birthday (an annual ritual along with a swim in the sea)
                  Sounds like they'd have to be spotless copies to get top dollar then, covers in perfect nick, no creasing, markings, vinyl with no pops and clicks, clean as a whistle and so on.
                  Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....



                  Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                    Sounds like they'd have to be spotless copies to get top dollar then, covers in perfect nick, no creasing, markings, vinyl with no pops and clicks, clean as a whistle and so on.
                    I wouldnt sell them. I was just curious about how scared of dropping/scratching them I should be
                    the monkey speaks his mind

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Managed to score two of them, just need FLL!
                      Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....



                      Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                        Depends what you mean by going price.......

                        Book price is:

                        Five leaves: £800
                        Bryter: £400
                        Pink Moon: £400

                        To get those prices they'd need to be stone cold mint
                        Have you sold the ones in the shop already?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not yet, although it seems that they're a great talking point, i might have to charge per conversation started........
                          The Sound of Salvation blog

                          Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                          Vault mint

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by antwhiplash2 View Post
                            Not yet, although it seems that they're a great talking point, i might have to charge per conversation started........
                            .....or walk into the back room, failing that turn the music up
                            -
                            You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                            but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              .....grindcore......LOUD!
                              The Sound of Salvation blog

                              Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
                              Vault mint

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X