The Exchange And Mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exchange And Mart

The Exchange And Mart - Yeah My Friend / I Know That I'm Dreaming. President 45.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    The Exchange And Mart - Yeah My Friend / I Know That I'm Dreaming. President 45.
    Ahh, I see. This isn't a thread about the Exchange and Mart paper. I thought for a minute it was going to be something along the lines of, "These young whipper-snappers with their ebays don't know what they lost when Exchange and Mart stop being printed". I was quite looking forward to it.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I too thought it would be about the Exchange & Mart paper, then I chuckled that a band had the same name. Then I realised how technology has moved on...
      Apart from vynils of course, funny that!
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Was there a record section in Exchange & Mart?

Comment

Was there a record section in Exchange & Mart?
          I think there was a general music section where someone may have tried to sell 10 Ray Conniff LPs for £20. There would have been nothing to stop you putting your raers in but I guess nobody would have been looking in E & M for groovy sounds. We'll just have to reminisce about getting xeroxed (hey kids, what's xerox? Only the hottest name in printing for hep cats) sales lists through the post- maybe arriving with the second post ("You had a second post Dad? Gee, life must have been great back then")

Comment

Yep! The disappointment of watching the postie trudge past your house wasn't the end of it. Never mind, he might be back later. Oh the anticipation! Small joys.

Comment

We'll just have to reminisce about getting xeroxed (hey kids, what's xerox? Only the hottest name in printing for hep cats) sales lists through the post- maybe arriving with the second post ("You had a second post Dad? Gee, life must have been great back then")[/QUOTE]

Some of the hip kids could probably school most people on xeroxing, thanks to the zine revival that's been going strong for some ten years or so.
              http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
              http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Originally posted by Hayes View Post
                Some of the hip kids could probably school most people on xeroxing, thanks to the zine revival that's been going strong for some ten years or so.
                Maybe, but that'll be some sort of ink-jet nonsense not the classic Xerox which, if you were foolish enough to put it into one, would stick to the inside of a plastic sleeve such that you could never remove it without leaving the image imprinted inside the sleeve. My first fanzine was done on one of those machines where you wrote onto a piece of paper with a sort of wax sheet underneath. You then attached that sheet, containing the wax writing (usually purple) to a metal cylinder and whizzed off a bunch of copies before it became too faded to do more. No idea what that was called.

Comment

Banda Machines I think. Loads in the printing/ business opportunities section of E&M

Always wondered what happened to Windy Miller

Anyway, about that bloody record..........anyone got a copy they don't require?
                  Last edited by treeboy; 13-01-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Luton Dave has a box of these. £20.
                    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Is that the chap with the grey hair & moustache, normally facing the kitchen Col? If so, he has a stall in Harlow on Mondays. Trouble is they normally pack up before I finish work.

Comment

Anyway, about that bloody record..........anyone got a copy they don't require?
                        You're not still going on about records are you? Anyone would think that was the prime purpose of this site.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X