Voix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voix

The reissue of the Egisto Macchi lp. I kept dithering and ended up without. Price now climbing inexorably.

So, if anyone is tired of their copy and is minded to trade...

How did you manage that? Roundtable are on your patch aren't they? Pop around to their house- they've probably got a few behind the settee. I take it you can't run to $55?
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

US$55 + 15P&P = circa A$94. I can afford that. But I have to really want a single LP to spend that on it. Or give in to an impulse.

I could also use $94 to buy a fair number of LP's at the library sale at $2.50 a go (I doubt that there are that many good ones left now - but you get the point). Or a decent batch of CD reissues from Dusty Groove (Japanese jazz, library stuff etc.).

A couple of the Voix tracks on Youtube sound great. But at the time the Macchi I had I wasn't convinced by (still the case for that LP). So, I dithered.
      Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 25-03-2016, 02:30 PM. Reason: But

Comment

I probably see the Roundtable guys when I go sheep shearing. But it is strictly fleece talk there, as you can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Funktionnaire View Post
          US$55 + 15P&P = circa A$94. I can afford that. But I have to really want a single LP to spend that on it. Or give in to an impulse.

I could also use $94 to buy a fair number of LP's at the library sale at $2.50 a go (I doubt that there are that many good ones left now - but you get the point). Or a decent batch of CD reissues from Dusty Groove (Japanese jazz, library stuff etc.).

A couple of the Voix tracks on Youtube sound great. But at the time the Macchi I had I wasn't convinced by (still the case for that LP). So, I dithered.
          I can't fault you because I'm currently dithering on Africa Minima. That is still at normal (if you can call the price of these things normal) price so I have a while to dither yet.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I did email Roundtable. Response was quick, polite and helpful. I forget if I asked if they have further copies. I certainly asked about a CD reissue. They observed that the label in question (RCA Italy?) was doing CD reissues - so not out of the question that one might be coming.

I would be narked if I paid close to $100 only to find there was a vinyl + bonus CD reissue a couple of months later (as I did with Gianni Oddi's "Style"). I imagine there were those who felt the same with the recent reissue of "Feelings".

Comment

Working...
            X