Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want artists who did covers on these tracks

Hi guys!

I need some help to find some rare and foreign versions of these songs. Please list what you know about any versions out there.

Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More Baby
    John Barry - Ipcress File Theme
    John Barry - Persuaders Theme
    Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
    Wallace Collection - Day Dream

Got a spare "16 Chart Hits Vol.7" on Contour with "I'm Gonna Love You" on it. Bangin' break! Drop me a PM...
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

The Ipcress File was covered by harpsichord player Bill Davis (with the David Whittaker Orchestra and the Mike Sammes Singers) on a CBS LP 'A Touch Of Love'.

Loads of versions of The Persuaders out there - Killer Watts' Moog version's good.

I've got a cover of Tubular Bells by the Henry Salomon Orchestra which was used on the Channel 4 test card - it's a minidisc recording of a v. crackly LP, but it's there anyway!

Comment

I've a version of Barry White on a BBC library record (very rare - BBC would rather burn their records than let anyone have them), dont know if it's just a library issue of something that came out or what.
        Is Daydream the samne song as the Hunter Gallman track that got sampled? If so I've a good version by Baker Street Philharmonic.

Comment

Originally posted by Flameboy_SWE
          Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More Baby
          Jimmy Smith - 'Blacksmith' LP on Pride (US) / DJM (UK)
          Kelee Patterson - 'I'm Gonna Love You..' 45 on Shadybrook (US) / Mint (UK)
          Originally posted by Flameboy_SWE
          Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
          Geoff Love - 'Big Terror Movie Themes' (MFP) (UK)
          Last edited by vibra; 28-04-2005, 04:55 PM.
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Hi guys!

And Tnx for all the help. I'm trying to put up a site with cover versions I like. so my question to you guys is there any chance to get you to do some mp3's of the songs and if you can a cover scan of the LP for me to put up there with the song.

I need the mp3's below.

The Divine One
            16 Chart Hits Vol.7

Lord Thames
            Bill Davis
            Henry Salomon Orchestra

mik
            BBC library record
            Baker Street Philharmonic

I'm on soulseek:

User Name: Flameboy_SWE

or pm me here!

Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by mik
              I've a version of Barry White on a BBC library record (very rare - BBC would rather burn their records than let anyone have them), dont know if it's just a library issue of something that came out or what.
              Is it an LP of instrumental cover versions by the IMG Band? If so, it's an Interworld recording - they released a few library LPs of songs from their back catalogue, some of them played by former Mersey musician Bobby Patrick. The BBC used the Barry White covers on the test card in the early 80s.

Flameboy - can't do mp3s, but I could send you a tape/minidisc if you want. I'll see if I can get a pic of the Bill Davis LP too - just have to work out how to use this digital camera thingy......

Comment

Working...
              X