X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button Down Brass

Funk In Hell. Anyone?
    http://www.djhistory.com

i get the feeling that you might be referring to the VV favourite.

however, having just looked at the prices on a dealer's site with this name (bdb), funk in hell was the first phrase that came to mind. well, close to it anyway. edddie russ for $120US. no, not fresh out, see the light. funkin hell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
      Funk In Hell. Anyone?
      you still need a funk in hell ladyboy?

Comment

I've been looking for a particular Button Down Brass album

http://www.discogs.com/release/433971
        Ray Davies & Button Down Brass - Theme From The Exorcist, The French Connection, The Sting And Other Great Films

Anyone have this album and willing to make me an mp3 rip, there are a few tracks that I'd really like to hear.
        Last edited by molotovwars; 05-05-2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
          Funk In Hell. Anyone?
          but its really not that good!?!?
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
            but its really not that good!?!?
            haven't heard it yet, but I was under the impression it was one of the better Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass albums, or least one of the most sought after.

Comment

?!

It's certainly a decent LP, but I'm not sure it does merit the often hefty price tag. Just because it has "funk" in the title doesn't mean it's qualitatively stronger than his earlier stuff.

Comment

Well its the awful singing that killed it for me!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I like 'Funk In Hell' but it is a record that sounds even better played over a club system. I've heard Bill play 'Superstition' twice at Low Life and twice I've had a 'what the fuck is this?!?' moment.
                  Last edited by Rich Hero; 12-05-2006, 05:41 PM.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

?!

Doesn't anyone else like his version of "Devil Woman" then ?!

Comment

Originally posted by molotovwars

Ray Davies & Button Down Brass - Theme From The Exorcist, The French Connection, The Sting And Other Great Films

Anyone have this album and willing to make me an mp3 rip, there are a few tracks that I'd really like to hear.
                      it's a top record this..............i would recommend you track down a copy !
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba
                        Doesn't anyone else like his version of "Devil Woman" then ?!
                        Surely not the Cliff song??

Comment

?1

Indeed. Could funk POSSIBLY be more hellish ?

Comment

So is it on 'Funk In Hell', then? Right, that's another one I need to hear then!

I remember a couple of years back seeing a small ad in the Wanted section of RC which included 'Ray Davies and the Button Down Brass - 'Fucking Hell'" - I was incredibly disappointed when I found out what the real title was......

Comment

Originally posted by molotovwars

I've got this & if you mail me I'll burn you a copy.
                              .... ..- -. - . .-. ... / -... .. .-.. - --- -. --. / --. ..- .- .-. .- -. - . . -.. / ..-. .-. . ... .... -. . ... ... .-.-.-

Comment

Working...
                              X